Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Godfather

Jai Maata Di

Its 3:30 am, sunday is yesterday, monday is today. Had a long meeting with Aroona Ji (Aroona Irani) so it was a working sunday. Thinking of taking Monday off. Lets see whether can manage or not. Well, just finished watching "The Godfather" part one, for the ....hmm....millionth time I guess. I just love this movie, haven't read the book by Mario Puzo though. Everytime I see this movie, I am lost in the Godfather world. My own world my own life vanishes for those 3 hours. Whenever Al Pacino is on screen, can't take my eyes off him. "Uparwale ne kuch jiyaada hi fursat se banaya hai". I just love the scene where father & son are having conversation in the sunlight. What a scene !! My favorite in the whole movie. Ideal father-son relationship. Also I love the last scene of the film, where wife is questioning Mike and he is warning her not to ask about the business and when she continues, he shouts to shut her up and very next moment he lets her ask for once & for all, she asks and he says 'no'. Thats called a MAN. He gets angry at his girl, because he cares and wants to keep her away from trouble, and then hugs her tightly in his arms to let her know he loves her and is there for her, forever. Wow!!!! In Indian movies Hero's are compulsive nici-pici & Mahaan sort. Why? If you make films close to reality than let the hero too. Anyways, Brando is superb, Al is awesome. I can see this movie for many many many more times.

No comments:

Post a Comment